7-3 Multiplication Properties of Exponents
Objective: Use multiplication properties of exponents to evaluate and simplify expressions.
Simplifying Exponential Expressions
An exponential expression is completely simplified if...
- There are no negative exponents.
- The same base does not appear more than once in a product or quotient.
- No powers are raised to powers.
- No products are raised to powers.
- No quotients are raised to powers.
- Numerical coefficients in a quotient do not have any common factor other than 1.
Below are the three multiplication properties for exponents.